I had a pair of shorts that ripped in just daily usage not any sports related activity. I called columbia first and told them I had bought it from an outlet and they gave me a return slip and I had to pay shipping saying I didn't need the receipt.

Ok fine, so I wasted $6 on shipping just to get it back today saying it was too old. Ok what? I got it at an outlet usually they carry older products (apparently my product was a 2012 product)? So I call columbia and they told me they needed the receipt now, and suggested I go back to the store and ask for one.

I have no clue how this is even feasible, then they told me the best they could do is give me 20% off EVEN WITH THE RECEIPT showing it was bought within the 1 year period.

Basically their warranty is not worth your breath.

Luckily I didn't wear their products in anything actually physically strenuous. They lost a lifetime adherent of their products today and I'm hoping to prevent anyone else from making the same mistake

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of a product or service. Columbia Sportswear needs to "replacement shorts" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Columbia Sportswear.

Comments

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #1200903

Thank you for sharing your experience. Similar situation that happened to me. Terrible service!