I stored a pair of brand new Columbia snow boots in the original box in my closet in my home (so no extreme weather fluctuations) for a few years and when I just went to wear them they had a crack in the toe. While they are clearly out of warranty - I checked their web site and they only have a one year warranty on footwear - for the price I paid I expect shoes that don't just crack from sitting in a box.

Very disappointed that such a well known name brand like Columbia, known for quality goods, would sell a product that would fail in this way. I never even got to wear them ONCE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Columbia Sportswear Boots.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I just wore a pair of Columbia Weather-proof Work Boots that I received as a gift and after the second day at work both shoes split at the seam where the leather and rubber meet, totally a piece of CRAP, waste of money it's winter, I'm at work with cold, wet feet. Thanks Columbia.

I agree with the boot customer who stored his boots for a few years, then pulled them out and they were cracked. I and my wife each had a pair with rubber bottoms, and the rubber literally fell apart when you touched it.

They were only a few years old also, with very little wear. I will never buy another pair of columbia boots!