Review about Columbia Sportswear Whirlibird Interchange Jacket from Obihiro, Hokkaido

19 of 64 Columbia Sportswear reviews

Bought this jacket in Columbia Hong Kong this summer for the skiing in winter.I picked this jacket because it got good reviews on line.

So now I am in Hokkaido and skiing. The first day, after 3 hours skiing, the inside of the jacket was all wet like it was just out of a river and the mid layer was all wet too. I had no choice but to put it under the sunshine in the room. Luckily it was dry in the afternoon so I put it in for afternoon skiing session with another fleece as mid layer though.

2 hours later, man I felt the cold and it was all wet again..... This is not the breathable jacket as advertised. What's more weird is that I bought the same model for my wife who was skiing with me and hers was ok. Hers was humid inside but not wet as mine.

Some friends asked me to put the jacket to cover a glass with hot water to test how much vapor can get through. My wife's was ok but mine, man, blocked everything and the inside turned wet within a minute. So now I have this horrible plastic in Japan with 6 more skiing days to go... I will go to the shop after I am back to hk and I lost my confidence in this brand.

I contacted the online staff from Columbia website who checked information and said I need to check with the shop and he was just selling stuff on line.Man, what kind of online help is this?!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Columbia Sportswear Whirlibird Interchange Jacket
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #758430

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Columbia Sportswear? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
19 of 64 Columbia Sportswear reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Columbia Sportswear. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Columbia Sportswear.
Filing a new complaint about
×