Columbia Sportswear - Repeat faulty zippers

56 of 64 Columbia Sportswear reviews

I have been a Columbia fleece jacket fan for well over 5 years.I have a wide variety of colors and styles.

I find them very comfortable to wear in my profession as a high school physical education teacher. However, what I am not comfortable with is the quality of the zipper that is in the jacket. I have had four (YKK) zippers snap off at the pull tab. They break right off and you are left with the head of the zipper mechanism and a sharp edge that you must grasp between your fingers in order to make the zipper go up and down.

It has happened twice with black jackets, once with a charcoal gray and once with an off white jacket. Needless to say, the jacket no longer possesses the quality look that one would expect from a Columbia product. I love my Columbia fleece jackets but am considering looking for a different brand. I expect others have had the same problem.

Given the fact that I own 16 of these jackets, I am looking at a 25% failure rate of the product.Your consideration of this matter would be greatly appreciated as there are a few colors I don't own yet.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
56 of 64 Columbia Sportswear reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 30, 2013 #750554 Hopkins, Minnesota, United States

Never purchased a Columbia jacket where the zipper functioned for more than six months! DONE with their jackets!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Columbia Sportswear. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Columbia Sportswear.
Filing a new complaint about
×