I have been a Columbia fleece jacket fan for well over 5 years.I have a wide variety of colors and styles.

I find them very comfortable to wear in my profession as a high school physical education teacher. However, what I am not comfortable with is the quality of the zipper that is in the jacket. I have had four (YKK) zippers snap off at the pull tab. They break right off and you are left with the head of the zipper mechanism and a sharp edge that you must grasp between your fingers in order to make the zipper go up and down.

It has happened twice with black jackets, once with a charcoal gray and once with an off white jacket. Needless to say, the jacket no longer possesses the quality look that one would expect from a Columbia product. I love my Columbia fleece jackets but am considering looking for a different brand. I expect others have had the same problem.

Given the fact that I own 16 of these jackets, I am looking at a 25% failure rate of the product.Your consideration of this matter would be greatly appreciated as there are a few colors I don't own yet.

Review about: Columbia Sportswear Jacket.

Had an Experience with Columbia Sportswear?

Comments

Hopkins, Minnesota, United States #750554

Never purchased a Columbia jacket where the zipper functioned for more than six months! DONE with their jackets!