Columbia Sportswear - Columbia women's boots totally came apart

7 of 69 Columbia Sportswear reviews

$130 pair of boots worn maybe 12 times, stored in closet, started falling apart when I was outside in the cold. Columbia does not back the boot! DO NOT EVER BUY their footwear!

Charles G. (Customer Care)

Nov 21, 11:45 PST

Hello Angela,

Thank you for sending me the pictures, I do appreciate it. Unfortunately, your boots are no longer under warranty. All our footwear have a limited 1 year warranty. This warranty is based on the date of purchase with a proof of purchase, absent a receipt we use the manufacture date. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and I do thank you for contacting Columbia Warranty.

Charles G

Customer Service Rep 1|WarrantyColumbia Brands USA, LLC

Columbia/Sorel/MHW

1-800-622-6953 (option 3)

Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM Pacific Standard Time!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Monetary loss:
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #959003 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Columbia Sportswear? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
7 of 69 Columbia Sportswear reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 22, 2016 #1259587 Spokane, Washington, United States

I had the same issue. The plastic on my boots shattered after wearing them for the second time. (They were approx four years old and stored inside.
I have sorrels from the early eighties that are still perfectly fine. Are sorrels now made by Columbia?
I used to like Columbia clothing and had thought to just not buy shoes or boots...but by the sounds of it they do not take responsibility for manufacturing problems so I am going move on. Any suggestions for companies who back up their products would be appreciated.
Former Columbia shopper

0 0 Reply

Dec 17, 2016 #1257087 Richland, Washington, United States

I have the same issue, just pulled out a pair of boots and the lowers have disintegrated. They are 5-6 years old but worn < 20 times. I have a pair of irish setters that I wore out putting a couple hundred miles/year hiking & hunting they lasted 7 or 8 years. Now working on a pair of Danners doing the same thing. If you're going to spend the $$$ on boots don't spend it on Columbia boots.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Columbia Sportswear. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Columbia Sportswear.
Filing a new complaint about
×