Columbia Sportswear - Columbia Winter Boots break !!!

61 of 64 Columbia Sportswear reviews

I bought a pair of Columbia "Titanium" winter boots which feature a waterproof rubber front toe that is sewn to the leather upper material.

The weak point of these boots is exactly that seam between the rubber front and the leather: After just a few weeks of wear in frosty conditions, the SEAM CAME APART on BOTH BOOTS !!!

As a consequence, I now have a big gap on both boots just where snow and ice accumulate on top of the boot and water easily penetrates the boot - I constantly have wet feet !!!

What a *** boot !!!!!

Don't buy this product !!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 16 Yes 16
61 of 64 Columbia Sportswear reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 04 #1222459 Alexandria, Virginia, United States

I will never buy a Columbia product again in my life! I wore my boots 5 times and they are doing the same exact thing. Columbia shame on you for not backing your *** made over sees product and screwing your customers over. Never ever again

1 0 Reply

Nov 21 #1243981 East Saint Louis, Illinois, United States

Mine just totally came apart also. Women's boots worn maybe 12 times as most. Columbia didn't back and I also put a review on this site.

Jul 02 #1180525 Frederick, Maryland, United States

I agree that these boots are useless. Both boots cracked at the rubber junction as well of both boots separated on the back at the junction of the rubber and leather. When I contacted Columbia all they wanted to do was give me a 15% discount on my next purchase. They were not interested in accepting the pictures I wanted to send but kept sending me emails to rate their customer service. What service? From what I see on the web this is a common problem with these boots. I recommend NOT dealing with Columbia ever again.

Feb 25 #1118067

Me too this is a defect. This is not stitching coming apart, this is the material stitched together tearing apart

DJ

Feb 03, 2015 #940503 Chicago, Illinois, United States

Mine are a while lot worse and I've only worn them about 25 times for snowmobiling and walking the dog. I wish I was able to post pictures to show you. They said lifetime warranty on outer wear. But boots aren't considered outer wear. He said I can pay to ship them probably to have them tell me they won't cover them.

Cuttothe

Jan 22, 2015 #934656 Foxborough, Massachusetts, United States

I also have had a bad experience with Columbia Titanium boots; same problem with splitting and cracking above the toe along the rubber/leather seam. I got no satisfaction from the warranty process. I will not buy Columbia products.

North45

Nov 18, 2014 #902309 Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I also have a pair of Titanium boots where the rubber broke apart from the leather uppers and then started breaking apart. They where great boots otherwise. They are beyond the one year warranty, so there is no point in fighting Columbia. All I can recommend is don't buy Columbia.

Jim

Jan 28, 2014 #779035

I have a pair with the rubber splitting in a few places even though the rest of the boots are in great shape. I called Columbia and they told me even though there had been a batch with bad rubber there was a one year warranty. Mine were more than a year old.

KYhiking

Jan 07, 2014 #769831 Union, Kentucky, United States

I purchased a pair of Columbia Titanium boots (size 15) for the purpose of hiking the Colorado National Forrest. Longs Peak in January is formidable. The Columbia Titanium boot handled the deep snow easily. Even in the low temps my feet stayed warm with the support of nice wool socks.

I have only worn the Titanium boots less than ten times (too heavy and warm for normal rock hiking.

Yesterday I went outside to get the mail (polar vortex -7). When I arrived back indoors I noticed the rubber portion of the boot had cracked and continued to crack. I thought this boot would last a lifetime.

Dec 15, 2013 #758854 Camden, New Jersey, United States

We have had two pairs of Columbia winter boots fail and basically come apart at the seams within the first year of purchase. Definitely not offering quality products anymore. Extremely disatisfied customers. Do you want to be next?

cheride

Feb 06, 2013 #605024 Rochester, New York, United States

I had a pair of similar boots split on the vinyl. I complained to Columbia & they sent me a replacement pair with no problems.

hi

Dec 27, 2010 #228634

Hi
My name is Farida and I am new on this dating site. I just joined about an hour ago and found your profile quite interesting so I decided to say hi. I wish we can continue our chat privately, if yes do you have access to chat with me on Yahoo Instant messenger? I am . Farida2g2@yahoo.com add me. I have some photos to share as well. am online now
Cheers
Farida ...

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Columbia Sportswear. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Columbia Sportswear.
Filing a new complaint about
×