Obihiro,Hokkaido
1.4

Bought this jacket in Columbia Hong Kong this summer for the skiing in winter. I picked this jacket because it got good reviews on line.

So now I am in Hokkaido and skiing. The first day, after 3 hours skiing, the inside of the jacket was all wet like it was just out of a river and the mid layer was all wet too. I had no choice but to put it under the sunshine in the room. Luckily it was dry in the afternoon so I put it in for afternoon skiing session with another fleece as mid layer though.

2 hours later, man I felt the cold and it was all wet again..... This is not the breathable jacket as advertised. What's more weird is that I bought the same model for my wife who was skiing with me and hers was ok. Hers was humid inside but not wet as mine.

Some friends asked me to put the jacket to cover a glass with hot water to test how much vapor can get through. My wife's was ok but mine, man, blocked everything and the inside turned wet within a minute. So now I have this horrible plastic in Japan with 6 more skiing days to go... I will go to the shop after I am back to hk and I lost my confidence in this brand.

I contacted the online staff from Columbia website who checked information and said I need to check with the shop and he was just selling stuff on line. Man, what kind of online help is this?!

Product or Service Mentioned: Columbia Sportswear Jacket.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 26, 2015.

Comments